NLP Learning Outcomes
- Recognize fundamental concepts of Nonviolence and leadership for positive and empowering social change.
- Identify elements of critical self-awareness including one’s own strengths, values, and beliefs.
- Demonstrate respect for the inherent worth and dignity of all beings in thought, word and deed; the roots of Nonviolence.
- Demonstrate effective team skills, including Nonviolent Communication (NVC), collaboration, facilitation, public speaking, and active listening.
- Analyze and question the nonviolent strategies of social change movements and their leaders like Martin Luther King, Jr., Mahatma Gandhi, Fannie Lou Hamer, Cesar Chavez and others.
- Identify and analyze the interconnected nature of systems, their effects on people and societal structures, and how to change them.
- Build a Beloved Community with other participants based upon shared values and a shared vision.
- Design and implement a social change effort using the philosophy and strategies of Nonviolence and leadership.